Have you ever wondered why there are different types of speed humps? Which type is the right one for me?
Some suppliers place a strong emphasis on how much weight can sit on top of the speed hump (e.g. 20 tonnes), but this is really false advertising. All fixed Area Safe Speed Humps can easily exceed more than 20 tonne pressure, but this is only part of the performance story.
A brief comparison of Area Safe Speed Humps is as follows:
- Heavy Duty Solid Rubber/PVC Speed Hump – very tough to withstand high car traffic areas and occasional trucks. Will install well onto non-flat surfaces. This is the quietest speed hump.
- 50mm Heavy Vehicle Recycled Rubber Speed Hump – toughest rubber speed hump, built to withstand trucks all day every day. Will install well onto non-flat surfaces. Includes Cable access channel.
- 75mm Heavy Vehicle Recycled Rubber Speed Hump – aggressive profile, toughest rubber speed hump (same material as point 2 above). Brings vehicles to almost complete stop. Includes cable channel.
- Heavy Duty Plastic Speed Hump – ideal for both cars & trucks, flat sides create extra hard jolt. AS2890.1-2004 compliant.
- Standard Steel Speed Hump – will outlast any other speed hump for cars, best installed on very flat surfaces such as concrete. Includes cable channel. AS2890.1-2004 compliant.
- Heavy Vehicle Steel Speed Hump – heavy 5mm plate thickness, will outlast any other speed hump for trucks, best installed on very flat surfaces such as concrete. Includes cable access channel. AS2890.1-2004 compliant.
- Portable Speed Hump – convenient for temporary use areas such as work zones on private property, put out for only a few hours at a time, only for cars.
Area Safe also supply a range of speed calmers including Safety Rumble Strips, 900mm Rubber Calmer, Rubber Speed Calmer Cushion. For more information regarding long lasting installation tips, see 'How Should I Install a Rubber Speed Hump'.
Contact our friendly sales team today to discuss your project in more detail.